Let’s Make Some Beautiful Music…at the Kitchen Kettle Village Music For Everyone Festival, Saturday, June 17th
“Music can change the world because it can change people.” -Bono, U2
I love when I am driving to work and a song comes on the radio that I love! It could be an old song that brings back memories from childhood or the newest Bruno Mars tune that makes me start dancing in the seat of my car. Either way it changes my mood, my perception and my attitude!
I invite you to Kitchen Kettle Village this Saturday for a day full of music, all while supporting a great cause, Music For Everyone. MFE is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to raising awareness and resources to strengthen the role that music plays in our schools and communities. Since 2006, MFE has awarded over $1,000,000 in grants, scholarships and direct program support to schools and community arts groups in Lancaster County. We are proud to partner with this great organization that has touched the lives of so many with music in our local community.
The day features eleven different musicians or musical groups performing from 10am-6pm in the Village. The groups are scattered throughout the Village and part of the fun is finding them all. The list of performers includes:
- 10am-Noon: Dillweed, Milo Solo, Bill Peters, Moe Blues Duo, Drum Circle by Earth Rhythms LLC with Belly Dancers
- Noon-1:30pm: The Music For Everyone Choir performing at the stage area
- 2pm-4pm: Dillweed, Justin Angelo, Blue Sky Falls, Fiscal Year, Barlee Red
- 4pm-6pm: Mama Tried, a popular Lancaster County band, performing at the stage area
Other events & activities not to miss include: The Deerskin Leather Shop Grand Re-Opening – all day and balloon twisting for the kids from noon-2pm
You can get involved by :
- Placing money in one of more of the musicians cases (all funds raised go directly to MFE).
- Purchase our newest product – Strawberry Vanilla Jam! All proceeds from the sales of Kitchen Kettle Strawberry Vanilla Jam on June 17th will be donated to MFE!
- Visit the Music For Everyone merchandise table to make a donation or learn more about this worthy organization.
Join us for a day filled with music, food and lots of great shopping. This fun summer day is the perfect opportunity to explore the Village…and don’t miss our shops located on Main Street including: Village Quilts, Lancaster Yarn Shop, Ten Thousand Villages, Waltz Vineyards & John Hay Cigars.