The first day of spring arrived a few days ago and it is time to get outdoors and have some fun. Lancaster County is a great place to stretch your legs, enjoy the sights and experience a little adventure. Here are just a few suggestions for your “To Do” list this spring:
- Spend a relaxing day at Kitchen Kettle Village. Our outdoor shopping village is the perfect place to take in some fresh air, sample delicious food, take a horse drawn carriage ride and do some shopping. Check out the Spring Fling Shopping Package that starts on April 1st. For just $30* (with a retail value of $60) you can enjoy a flavorful breakfast at The Kling House Restaurant and then visit seven different stores to collect your free items. It’s a great way to explore the Village while enjoying special surprises in participating shops.
- Bid on a bargain at an annual Mud Sale. These annual auctions are a great way to get a taste of the community, as the Amish and English come together to bid on quilts, housewares, lawn equipment, shrubbery and more. Don’t forget your boots!
- Take a ride on the wild side when you visit Refreshing Mountain Springs and take a scenic zipline ride above the tree tops! Instagram worthy pictures for the brave.
- Take a tranquil countryside ride on the Strasburg Rail Road. In addition to their daily 45-minute rides, they also host a variety of events from a wine & cheese train to kid-friendly events.
- Spin your wheels…in a good way when you enjoy an energizing bike tour with Intercourse Bike Works. Experience the beauty of Lancaster County farmlands from a bike, all while getting a little fresh air and exercise.
If these five suggestions aren’t enough to get you planning your trip to Lancaster, there are plenty of art galleries, shopping, restaurants, antiquing and so much more to enjoy in PA Dutch Country. And if you can’t fit everything into just one day, you might want to spend the night. The Inn at Kitchen Kettle offers 18 unique and comfortable guest rooms and suites located throughout the Village. So grab a friend and start planning your Spring adventure in Lancaster County!