Need a new mouth watering recipe? Try our Amish Butter Cheese Crostini Recipe
Sometimes it can be hard to find simple recipes that call for few ingredients. Well luckily, this recipe features four simple ingredients that come together to make the perfect combo. If you like Amish Butter, or have never tried it, I strongly suggest giving this recipe a try!
Our signature creamy Amish Butter cheese is one of over 50 kinds of cheeses featured in the Aged and Cured shop. Stop by and pick up some cheese today to try out different recipes that add a little zest to your usual meals! Here’s how to make a Blackberry Amish Butter Cheese Crostini that is worth every single bite and makes an excellent topping.
BLACKBERRY AMISH BUTTER CHEESE CROSTINI (Courtesy of the Big Bang Bites Blog)
- 1 sourdough baguette (cut into 16 diagonal slices, ½ inch thick)
- The Olive Basin – Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for brushing)
- 16 berries (black, cut in half length-wise)
- 2/3 lb. Amish Butter
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and lightly toast.
- Top with slices of Amish Butter cheese and place under the broiler for only 10 seconds just to melt the cheese a little. You don’t want the cheese to brown or get gooey.
- Remove immediately and place 2 blackberry halves on top. Serve while warm.
- Serve and scarf down immediately! Serves approximately 4.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR AMISH BUTTER CHEESE:
- Great topping for your grilled burger or chicken breast.
- Shred in your omelet, scrambled eggs or mac & cheese.
- Add a slice (or two!) to your next grill cheese for some added creaminess.
- An excellent cheese for your next fondue party!
Hope you enjoyed this Aged and Cured specialty recipe, for more recipes featuring our very own World Famous products, visit http://www.kitchenkettle.com/recipes/kitchen-kettle-recipe-exchange.asp.