Get the behind the scenes tour of making one of our Kling House Restaurant signature dishes, Shoo Fly Pie!
Watch our Bake Shop debut on Channel 16 WNEP where Jackie Lewandoski learns how to bake a traditional Shoo Fly Pie. Click the here to watch.
Want to make your own? Here’s our recipe:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup Old Barrel Molasses
- 1 egg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 – 9” unbaked pie shell
- For Crumbs: In a bowl combine the above ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
- For Pie Bottom: Dissolve baking soda in boiling water.
- Mix all other bottom ingredients together.
- Add half of the crumb mixture to the liquid and pour into a 9” unbaked pie shell.
- Top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350F for 1 – 1/14 hours until set.