Pokémon Go- Do You Gotta Catch ‘Em All?
I’m sure you have heard about the new Pokemon trend popping up all over. Regardless of if you participate or not, here is what you need to know.
- It’s all for fun! This is a fun activity for kids or adults, well really the whole family can join the adventure.
- Did I mention it’s FREE? Just download the APP. It’s available on the Apple Store and Google Play (always check data rates, app permissions, etc prior to downloading an app). Just remember, always be respectful of local businesses when exploring. Part of the adventure is getting out into your community and seeing/doing things you wouldn’t typically.
- Get on your feet! Your Fitbit will be getting a workout with all the steps you’re going to do! According to the official Pokémon website, you can “explore cities and towns around where you live and even around the globe to capture as many Pokémon as you can. As you move around, your smartphone will vibrate to let you know you’re near a Pokémon. Once you’ve encountered a Pokémon, take aim on your smartphone’s touch screen and throw a Poké Ball to catch it. Be careful when you try to catch it, or it might run away! Also look for PokéStops located at interesting places, such as public art installations, historical markers, and monuments, where you can collect more Poké Balls and other items. Be sure to stay aware of your surrounding while playing!
- Explore Local! Get more out of the journey then just Pokémon. The Pokémon website states that you can “look for PokéStops located at interesting places, such as public art installations, historical markers, and monuments”. Hopefully, this will encourage kids (and adults) to want to explore museums and other historical sites.
- There are Pokémon here at Kitchen Kettle Village! Add just another element of fun to your trip to Kitchen Kettle (and Lancaster County). Search for Pokémon during your day trip or vacation. This is a perfect activity for kids to explore, while you sample and shop.
Want to learn more about the Pokémon Go adventure? Click here.
*Be sure check out data rates, privacy settings and app permissions prior to downloading.