Thirty-six members of the Kitchen Kettle leadership team met at The Escape Room Lancaster to start the day and kick off 2017!
The large group was broken into three teams and assigned a room. Each ‘escape” room had a different theme – medieval, Greek gods and a train station. Needless to say all Kitchen Kettle leadership teams had fun solving the clues and escaping the rooms.
After we recognized the winning team (team #3 escaping from the medieval room) we broke the entire group into six teams, handed out colored lanyards and bandanas.
The challenge was to solve six clues that took the teams to various locations throughout the city and complete six tasks. Can you solve our clues?
- Now you’re in a pickle! Travel to this destination that boasts 27 aves on their menu.
- Head to where you might find a “fine pig” in this 120 year old building chock full of history and flavor. While you are there, take time to stop and smell the flowers.
- Now it is time to burst through the stage fright – applause and a song awaits.
- Time to rise and grind…you deserve some royal treatment and might need an extra shot of energy to finish the race strong!
- Time to do your homework. Leadership is a work of art. If you don’t like what you see – paint, draw or create over it!
- Time to hit a homerun. Go strong and take 2017 and this race by storm!
At each location the teams received a “task” like eating pickles & doing a shot of pickle juice, sketching a “selfie” of their team and finding a baseball in the dugout. The race took all Kitchen Kettle team members working together to solve the clue, travel to the destination and then complete the challenge. Two teams were spotted racing down opposite sides of Prince Street. We wrapped up the morning at Clipper Stadium with prizes, lunch and a preview of The Coaching Habit, a book we are reading for the new year. It was a great way to start 2017 with some fun, coupled with training. What fun types of training has your business done or is planning to do? I would love to hear your ideas, feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com.
Did you figure out the clues yet? Maybe this will help – special thanks to those businesses who took part in the KKV Amazing Leadership Race on Friday, we could not have done it without your assistance: The Lancaster Marriott, Isaac’s Downtown Pickle Bar, The Lancaster Central Market, The Fulton Theatre, Prince Street Café, Lancaster College of Art & Design & Lancaster Barnstormers.
Check out some of our fun photos from the race!
Our leaders made it through the weather and they figured out all the clues! Their final destination was Clipper Magazine Stadium where they recapped the event and had lunch!
Here is looking forward to a fun-filled, exciting & successful 2017!