This is the day trip you’ve been waiting for…a visit to Lancaster County.
Before the sun even rises, your crew is on the road to the rolling hills of Lancaster County. You have been there a few times before and wonder, ‘what can I plan for my family that’s something new?’ Well, this is where I step in. Let this local who loves Lancaster plan it all out for you.
Check out these four family friendly stops that are sure to make your trip to Lancaster a memorable one.
- Begin your day with an activity that will wake up the whole family! Stop by Intercourse Bike Works and don’t just see the countryside, experience the countryside. Enjoy the fresh air, stop by a road side stand, and slow down when you see the sunrise over the hills. Intercourse Bike Works offers bike rentals for the whole family along with a vast array of guided and self-guided tours around our beautiful back roads.
- All that bike riding and now your crew is ready to eat! Go for a breakfast sandwich that the locals love at Stoltzfus Meats, right near Intercourse Bike Works. Here you can order a yummy bacon, egg, and cheese on a homemade roll to sit down and enjoy – or grab it and go!
- After biking and breakfast – you and the family are ready to shop. Why not stop at Kitchen Kettle Village to peruse the 40 unique shops there? You’ll find everything from tasty jams and jellies to stylish Vera Bradley purses. While you’re there, enjoy a sit down lunch on the beautiful porch at the Kling House Restaurant.
- Visit the City. No lazy afternoons for this crew, after lunch you can hit the brick paved sidewalks of historic Lancaster City. These tree lined streets are a pleasure to walk down while taking in the hand crafted architecture ranging from Colonial and Victorian to Arts and Crafts and modern town houses.
- Make this walk perfect with an iced coffee from Prince St. Café – a local favorite. Make sure to stop in at all the small antique shops along the way.
- Dinner time is no joke in Lancaster City. Why not try out a new favorite, Luca? This wood burning Italian Kitchen offers delectable artisan pizza and flavorful appetizers all in a super trendy spot with outdoor seating.
As the sun sets on Lancaster Country, you may find that Lancaster offers a lot more than one day of fun. So why not sleep over? Stop by Kitchen Kettle’s best kept secret- The Inn. The Inn at Kitchen Kettle offers 17 beautiful rooms ranging from 2 queen beds to full suites with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms all with breakfast at the Kling House Restaurant. (Except Sundays). We’re positive that once your Lancaster trip is over, you’ll be asking, “How soon can we stay again?”